Thursday, April 29, 2010

What I have learned about motherhood!

Y

I have learned so much in the short three weeks I have been a mom. Duke has taught me one of the biggest life lessons I have always wanted but never had PATIENCE. I still have not mastered the art of patience and don't know if I ever will but I am working on it.
I have also learned never let your guard down. When I think nothing is going to happen that's when it usually does. Here is a few examples, when ever I am not worried about duke peeing on me when I have his diaper wide open and usually on my freshly cleaned sheets he lets it flow. Next when I think I am done burping him it turns out I'm not and he tells me this but throwing up everything he has eaten and more it seems.
One of my favorite things I am noticed is Duke knows who his mommy is. I hand him to someone and he starts to get mad and they hand him back to me and he seems happy again. I talk to him or rock him how he likes and he instantly knows. (or maybe he just smells my boob milk) Whatever it is it is so wonderful to know he loves me just as much a I love him.
I have seen a side of Cameron I never thought even existed. He is the most wonderful father and he loves his little man more than anything. He comes home and holds him and he talks to Duke. Its so cute because Duke just loves to stare at Cameron. I love watching my two guys together I could watch them all night.
Being a mother is the most wonderful thing I could have ever done. I have a wonderful little boy in my life now. I am so greatful to be a mom and a wife.

6 comments:

Kristi and Kory Jones said...

He is just too cute! I can't wait to see him again. I love how your blog is so sweet and mature and then you through in "boob milk" haha. It made me laugh! You are so cute! I know exactly what you mean about never seeing that side of your husband. It is such an amazing thing to see them interact with babies. Our babies!! Being a mom is awesome. I'm glad you agree!!

Olivia Heilmann said...

That is super wonderful and I am so glad that you are having this experience!! I miss you all. :)

Mike and Corie said...

I just about teared up reading your post. you are such a cute and great momma!
I love ya,
Corie

Jamie Nicole said...

Oh you are just the best Rocky! I love you! And yes, I died when I read "boob milk"!! hahaha This is why I love you! I'm sure you are the greatest Mom ever! I just love you!

Ryan and Nikki said...

Hey Carly I finally made it over to your blog! Come visit mine!

Moffat Family said...

that was too long of a break to hang out. let's do it again soon! duke is so so so cute!